NOVAR Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Forum for all your NOVAR Needs!

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Similar topics
Affiliates
NOVAR Related Sites
NOVAR Channel
NOVARpedia

Other Related Sites
AARO Forum
NORApedia
GRC Fourm
EFR Fourm
ISCO Fourm
Latest topics
» 2015 NOVAR Verizon Cup Series Carset
Championship Venue to be rotated? selected upon? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2016 9:57 am by FitzwaterAustralia59

» The Random Discussion Thread (RDT)
Championship Venue to be rotated? selected upon? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 11:19 am by FitzwaterAustralia59

» Is this the end of NOVAR?
Championship Venue to be rotated? selected upon? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2016 1:53 am by BMG12

» 2016 NOVAR Freightliner All-American Series Signups
Championship Venue to be rotated? selected upon? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 12:42 pm by Rovenami

» 2016 SCPTC signups
Championship Venue to be rotated? selected upon? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 1:28 am by BMG12

» Race 25 - Columbia: Verizon Championship 400 Weekend
Championship Venue to be rotated? selected upon? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 12:42 am by FitzwaterAustralia59

» 2016 Lowes Modified Tour Signups
Championship Venue to be rotated? selected upon? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 8:28 pm by Finnish909

» NOVAR Streaming Thread.
Championship Venue to be rotated? selected upon? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 9:59 pm by BMG12

» Race 24 - Texas: American Airlines Dash 250 Weekend Thread
Championship Venue to be rotated? selected upon? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 3:34 pm by BMG12

Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 228 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:49 am
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Top posters
BMG12
Championship Venue to be rotated? selected upon? I_vote_lcapChampionship Venue to be rotated? selected upon? I_voting_barChampionship Venue to be rotated? selected upon? I_vote_rcap 
STRacer1973
Championship Venue to be rotated? selected upon? I_vote_lcapChampionship Venue to be rotated? selected upon? I_voting_barChampionship Venue to be rotated? selected upon? I_vote_rcap 
RedViperGaming
Rovenami
Blake Camphausen
Chives5150
RandomClassic
vbooy57
Rykia_RKXK
FitzwaterAustralia59
Forum
Affiliates
NOVAR Related Sites
NOVAR Channel
NOVARpedia

Other Related Sites
AARO Forum
NORApedia
GRC Fourm
EFR Fourm
ISCO Fourm

Championship Venue to be rotated? selected upon?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BMG12
Adminstration
Adminstration
BMG12

Championship Venue to be rotated? selected upon? Empty
PostSubject: Championship Venue to be rotated? selected upon?   Championship Venue to be rotated? selected upon? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 10:52 pm

NOVAR officials have thought of a poetical change that will sent shockwaves across NOVAR Community. If it is confirmed, beginning with the 2015 season, the finale will be ether rotated every year or will be selected by a committee. This has sparked alot of controversy on the topic that fans and drivers have enraged.

"We had this mess since like 2004" - Chadler Blake.
"I can understand if this was a stick and ball sport like football, basketball, or baseball, I can understand. But this is motor racing, where we don't need one." - Todd Pieper.
"Championship games that have only and only 2 teams should have rotating venues, Not a 42 car championship race." - Cody Wyke.

Dakota Fairgrounds was the season finale from NOVAR's inception until 1973. Darlington had been the finale from 1974 until 2001. Atlanta had hosted the finale for only 3 years. Rockingham hosted the finale from 2005-2007. Decatur hosted for 2 additional years. While the New Jersey Speedrome and the New York Autoring hosted in 2010 and 2011 respectively. Columbia Speedway, has hosted the championship race since 2012 and will host its second ever 400 mile championship race later in the year.

There could be two ways of this happening. If it goes by rotating basis, Columbia, Camden, Cayce, Dentsville, and Darlington would rotate and each track would be the finale every five years. Another possibly is very simular to the NAFL's World Championship, have a venue selected presumably before the season starts. Example: Daytona would host the finale in 2015, then in the following year Edmonton would host the 2016 championship. Then Bristol would host the 2017 championship. Based on this format, if the track already is planned to be on the calender (i.e Edmonton), then it could have a second date. The only issue with that is that NOVAR has not allowed a second race a the track even it is a different configuration.

Controversy can also ensue, like if Shane Nargon, Shane Hardon, and Chadler Blake end up competing for the championship, and the average finish for each at the cookie cutters (1.5 miles) is like 17.1, 18.4, and 8.1, and the finale is at the Texas Motor Speedway, It would give Shane Nargon, and Shane Hardon a complete disadvantage, but then again, as of now, there have only been 2 instances where points lead was changed in the final race of the season.

Frank Richardson
GRN Reporter
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Michael29Shell

Championship Venue to be rotated? selected upon?
Page 1 of 1